Saturday, December 18, 2010

FO: Baroness Beret

I wanted a hat to match my Just Enough Ruffles scarf, and I had plenty of leftover fuchsia Ultra Alpaca. The only ruffled hats I've seen have been for babies, and I wasn't sure that was the look I was going for, so I decided to try something a little different. The scarf was fairly simple, so I had a fair amount of choice. I chose the Baroness Beret.

It's a great pattern, and worked up fairly quickly. My only criticism is that some points in the pattern said stuff like " k2, k2-" why not just write "k4?" Still understandable, but just a minor knitpick on my part. I raved about the yarn already in the scarf post, so I won't make you listen to me declare my love for it again.

Pattern: Baroness Beret

Needles: Size 4 (Ribbing) and Size 6 (main part of the hat)

Yarn: Berrocco Ultra Alpaca

Colorway: Fuchsia (6325)

Modifications: I added an extra repeat of the Chevron eyelet pattern- although I got gauge, it seemed seriously small. I also repeated the last two rows of the decreases, because I was a little concerned that leaving 12 stitches at the end was a bit much and might result in a hole- 6 worked out perfectly.

The Verdict: The hat is pretty and great, and looks awesome with the scarf!

No comments:

Post a Comment