I love the lines that the slipped stitches make down the body of the shawl. I ended up adding two extra rows to the body, because at that point, it seemed like I had so much yarn left that I figured I couldn’t possibly use it all on the lace portion! It’s a good thing that I didn’t add any more extra rows, because I was worried about running out of yarn towards the end there- I only had 2 grams (of a 100 gram skein) left!
I used Malabrigo Sock yarn for the shawl. This is probably one of my favorite yarns. It’s super-soft, and the colors are gorgeous. I happened to have a skein of it in Velvet Grapes in my stash that was absolutely perfect.
I really enjoyed working on this. The pattern is simple enough that I didn’t get frustrated, but complicated enough to keep me interested. My only complaint was that the lace pattern moved every row. This made it impossible to separate the lace repeats with stitch-markers. I think it was worth it, though!
Yarn: Malabrigo Sock
Colorway: Velvet Grapes
Yardage: 431.2 yards
This post is part of Tami's Amis' Finished Objects Fridays. Head on over to see what everyone else is working on!