Saturday, January 8, 2011

FO: Zoey's Mice

I found an adorable pattern for catnip mice on Ravelry. I wanted to make some for the boyfriend’s cat, as well as a bunch for shelter kitties. I started with two for Zoey (his cat), to make sure that cats do indeed like them before I put all that work into making a ton of them.

They were so easy to make, although purling so many stitches together to make the ears was a big of a pain. Other than that though, they were incredibly easy. We stuffed them with alternating layers of stuffing and catnip.

Zoey loves her new toys. She wrestles with them, lies on top of them, chases them around, and even dunks them in her water bowl (an honor reserved for only her very favorite toys).

I plan on casting on for several more to donate to the shelter she came from!

Pattern: Knit Felted Catnip Mice

Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes

Colorway: Onyx Heather

Needles: US4, US8

No comments:

Post a Comment