Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sheep and Knitters and Yarn, Oh My!

Okay, so it's a corny title. But I got a little excited about the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival- it was amazing! I have never seen that many knitters, knitted objects, sheep, or yarn in one place in my life!

Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good picture of the inside of the vendor buildings- there were just too many people! But I did get some nice pictures of some of the animals.

Look at the horns on that guy! Pretty impressive, in my opinion. 2 sets!

I also saw some other pretty sheep.

This one wanted to visit the sheep next door.

I also got to meet some llamas…



…and some alpacas.

This poor little guy got stepped on by his mother when he was born. She broke his leg and hip, so he spent the first month of his life casted. He just got the cast off, but he hasn't figured out how to walk with four legs yet (he learned on three!)

I also bought some very nice sock yarn.

Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Solids in Purple and Turquoise…

…and Sock Hop Superwash Merino.

In addition, I couldn't resist the beautiful silver rayon yarn from Shel B. Yarn.

I love how it shimmers!

No comments:

Post a Comment