Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I suck at seaming (but look, sock progress!)

I just cannot seem to get the hang of this seaming thing. I've looked at all the little how-to pictures, and it makes so much sense when I look at those- but when I start the seaming, it all looks like crap. Rather than risk pulling all of my hair out, I may take advantage of being home and having access to Mom's sewing machine (graduating from college, not being able to find a job, and moving back home has at least one perk!).

In more cheerful news, I started, and have been making significant progress on, a couple of new socks: Pillar Socks and Nine-to-Five Socks.

The Pillar Socks are part a knit-a-long in the My8KidsMom Ravelry group. However, I can't seem to memorize the repeats, so I also cast on the Nine-to-Five Socks, which are really easy to remember. I'm working o n the Pillars in Patons Stretch Socks in the Mineral colorway, and the Nine-to-Five in Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Solids in Purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment