Tuesday, May 12, 2009

FO: Cables and Ribs Socks


I finished my Cables and Ribs Socks, and I'm somewhat pleased with how they turned out. While the color isn't as "fun" as I might like, it is a nice, sedate sock for the workplace, if I can ever manage to get a job. There's something bothering me about the finished product, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Pattern: BFF socks by Cookie A.

Yarn: Elann Sock-it-to-me 4-ply, Slate Blue colorway

Ever since I learned how to cable, I've been kind of addicted. Cables are fun! The cable increases and decreases were a new concept for me, but pretty easy after I got the hang of it.

The yarn was a nice basic sock yarn, and very inexpensive. I'd probably use it again, but I wouldn't order it unless I were already placing an order for something else from Elann, because shipping is so expensive that the yarn isn't worth it by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment