Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Flowers for Mom

Every year for as long as I can remember, my mother has assembled wonderful Easter baskets full of goodies for me and for my brother. She's also always put together a little something for my father. But throughout my childhood, no one ever did a basket for her. I realized this last year, and put together a nice Easter basket for her, overflowing with goodies. However, she thought it was a bit excessive- she doesn't eat that much sweet stuff; she prefers a little at a time. So this year, I decided to do something a little different. I knit the Bloem pattern in some leftover yarns (Lion Brand Wool Ease and Patons Classic Wool) and stuck them in a vase with a few dark chocolate kisses at the bottom. I hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment