Sunday, June 26, 2011

New Knitty!

Have you all taken a look at the new Knitty? I was very pleased to see the patterns this issue- during a lot of the recent issues, I haven't really seen anything too exciting, but I loved what I saw in this one! Some of them really stood out to me:

Creekbed, the cover pattern, is amazing. It's a Stephen West design, and I love his work. The colors play off of each other beautifully- I'd love to knit this scarf this winter, maybe in blues or purples. This one went right into the queue.

Rhodion is breathtakingly beautiful. I would love to knit something like this, but I think it's a bit above my skill level at this point. I think I'll just have to drool over other people's FOs as they post them on Ravelry!

I am in love with the Lingerie Socks pattern. It's so elegant and pretty! I'm a little intimidated by the fact that they're knit on size 0 needles, but it will be so worth it to have those beautiful socks! Queued!

Leaflet also went into the queue. The detail on the back is so pretty!


What do you guys think? Did anything in particular catch your eye?

2 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at that many great designs in the new Knitty. Lately I've felt as if everything was just repeating itself, so it was a new surprise to find patterns for the never-ending queue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing the lingerie socks and the Leaflet. I'm not sure Rhodion is hard per se. Just annoyingly futzy. That's the beauty of knitting. I bet your skills are there, but maybe the patience to execute isn't. Hmm. That sounded more insulting than I meant. Feel free to slap me.

    ReplyDelete