Thursday, August 12, 2010

FO: Star Swirl Beret

My swap partner for the July Monthly Color Swap let me know that she loves knitted berets, so I decided to make one for her. I found a pattern on Ravelry, printed it out, knit it, discarded my hard copy and then…couldn't find it again. I've found several similar patterns, but I cannot seem to find the one that I knit. I'm very confused.

I knit it in Valley Yarns Northhampton, which has some seriously impressive yardage- I managed to knit this beret and a clutch out of one skein. It seems pretty comparable to Cascade 220, but is cheaper for more yardage- what's not to like?

Pattern: ?

Yarn: Valley Yarns Northhampton

Colorway: White

Needles: Size 3 Circulars

Made for: Montly Color Swap (July: Black & White)


The Verdict: I love the way it looks. The swirl pattern on the nice simple white looks very chic and sophisticated. When I was knitting it, I was afraid that it would be a little small, but the yarn really bloomed out nicely when I washed and blocked it. I'm quite pleased with the result, and hopefully my Swap partner will be too!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this!! I wish I knew how to knit... I'd make one of these in every color! Great job!

    ReplyDelete