Thursday, July 7, 2011

FO: Decimal

I loved the Decimal pattern when I first saw it in Knitty, and threw the yarn for it into my cart on a whim awhile back. The yarn sat in my stash for awhile, until I finally decided that I wanted to make that cardigan.

I loved knitting this. The pattern is fairly easy to follow if you have a little bit of sweater experience, and the lacy rib is really pretty. I chose to follow the pattern as written for the sleeves- a lot of people seem to alter them, but I love the bell sleeves in a ¾ length.

A little bit of panicking happened when I thought I had knit it too small (I’m not sure why it seemed so tiny!), but a good blocking stretched it out to the perfect dimensions.

The yarn was fantastic. I really like Shine Sport, and I would totally use it again. It knits up well, with a nice stitch definition, and it’s not overly splitty, as cotton-blends go. It’s nice and soft, and makes a great spring/fall cardigan.

I don’t know that I would knit this pattern again, but only because there are so many other pretty cardigan patterns out there. I want one of each; I don’t have time to repeat any! I would, however, recommend this pattern to anyone else who wanted to knit it.

Pattern: Decimal

Yarn: Knitpicks Shine Sport

Colorway: Orchid

Needles: US3

Ravelry Project Page

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! Oh my goodness, this is on my list, too, and you did a fabulous job with it. Love the color, too.

    ReplyDelete