Tuesday, January 19, 2010

FO: Small, Felted, Beaded Purse

My mother had been looking for a small, dressy purse for a long time. She wanted something that she could wear to the occasional nice event, such as when she chaperones prom (she's a teacher). She also wanted something small, just the size to hold a cell phone, driver's license, car keys, and a little bit of money, but she hadn't been able to find what she was looking for.

I decided to knit her one for Christmas. I found the pattern on Ravelry, then knit it up and felted it. However, I wasn't sue exactly how I wanted the beads, so I didn't knit them in. I bought so beautiful blue, purple, and pink beads, and sewed them on one by one. It was a long process. I don't think that I will ever complain about the expense of a beaded item ever again. It was a lot of work, but totally worth it. I didn't bead the back or the handle-- I wanted it to be comfortable to hold, and I didn't want it to catch on clothes.


I absolutely love the way it turned out, and so does my mother. It's pretty much exactly what she was looking for. Also, she tends to favor fairly plain, black dresses when she's dressing up- this should add some nice color to the outfit. I can't wait to see pictures of her using it!

Pattern: Suzanne's Purse

Yarn: Cascade 220

Colorway: Black

No comments:

Post a Comment