Friday, January 22, 2010

FO: Brimmed Cap

When I saw the pattern for the brimmed cap, I thought that it would be the perfect gift for my aunt. She rides horse a lot, and I thought that it would keep the sun off of her face while still keeping her ears warm.


Turns out, it was a huge hit. She wears this type of hat all the time, and thinks it's too nice to wear to the barn!

I messed up a little bit on sewing the hat to the brim, and I'm too much of a perfectionist to just leave it that way. I decided to knit a little cabled strip to cover up the join, and added two buttons for decoration.


I love the way it turned out. It was a pretty simple knit, but so pretty!

The details:

Pattern: Brimmed Cap from Shazzzas Patterns

Yarn: Lion Brand Woolease in Blue Mist

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely hat! The color is rich and the braid and gold button give it a sophisticated air. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete