Friday, October 16, 2009

Basic Raglan Sweater

During the huge Webs sale last January, I picked up several skeins of Ella Rae Classic Wool in a beautiful, variegated blue. Since then, I've been waiting for the right pattern to make with it. I needed something simple so that it would showcase the yarn. Enter Pink from Custom Knits.

This is the perfect pattern, and exactly what I'm looking for. It's simple enough to show off the pretty variegations, and it also is knit from the top, meaning that I will have to do no seaming and that I can try it on as I knit. Exactly what I'm looking for!

As you can see, I'm mostly done with the torso- I think it's coming along nicely!

2 comments:

  1. It does look lovely and I would like to thank your for using a simple stitch to showcase a pretty variegated. If I see one more complicated stitch pattern done in mulitcolored yarn , I'm gonna scream. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like it! I'll try a complicated stitch pattern in a nice, non-variegated yarn. :)

    ReplyDelete