Wednesday, October 6, 2010

FO: Sparkly Cowl

For the September Montly Color Swap, we got to choose which color to use. I was thrilled to hear that my swap partner loves teal, because it allowed me to use Loops &Threads Dewdrops yarn. It's so sparkly and pretty; I've been dying to make something out of it!


I decided that a cowl was just the thing. I chose the Kunterbunt* pattern because it required the right weight of yarn and was simple enough to really let the yarn show off.


The pattern was great- very easy to understand and knit up really quickly. I was not, on the other hand, thrilled with the yarn. It was really splitty and hard ot knit with. part of it may have been my problem, since i'm not really used to knitting with SuperBulky weight anymore, but I thin that part of it was also the yarn itself. Additionally, I'm not sure that this was the right choice for a next-to-the-neck garment, as some of the sequins ended up the inside, making it kind of scratchy. When I was done, I had to go back and try to poke them through to the outside.
Pattern: Kunterbunt
The Verdict: It worked out okay, and yielded a pretty cowl, but I really cannot see myself using this yarn again.


*Does this name sound dirty to anyone else, or is my mind just in the gutter?

No comments:

Post a Comment